I've been to some hotels in po-dunk (whatever the colloquial
slang is) Europe;  Wi-Fi via Sat to ISP to internet,
over utilized, high latency, really low bandwidth, ...

I've had colleagues in the middle of the South American
 jungle on similar corporate setups at base camps for new
 oil refineries.

 High bandwidth things like Adobe Flash Video will hog all
  their bandwidth, causing a lynch mob to hunt for the offender.

  Nothing like trickling Megs of firmware / software updates
   over something that makes analog dial-up modems look
   good sometimes.

--
E-Mail Sent to this address <blackl...@anitech-systems.com>
 will be added to the BlackLists.

Very interesting. How well did NTP work in those circumstances? I had the impression that NTP was designed to handle such links rather well.