Rob <nom...@example.com> wrote:
> unruh <un...@wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
>> And we keep hearing about the UK jamming GPS for hours at a time in
>> regions of the UK.
>
> Yes, we keep hearing about that from the UK.
> But what about other countries, probably they do the same thing but
> we don't hear about it because there are no nice bulletins posted to
> usenet about their tests.

If you want to know about them, you need to check NOTAM's (Notice to Airmen)
published by the FAA.

The last tests of any appreciable extent I know of were in 2006 and centered
on military test areas in California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Florida.

If you regularly check NOTAM's, you will occasionally see notices of possible
GPS outage for short periods around military test areas in the South Western
desert areas.

The general public and most posters to comp.protocols.time.ntp don't hear
about them because essentially no one but pilots care or could be effected.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.