pret3n...@gmail.com wrote:
Yes, circuit switched networks don't have this problem,
for sure. If, for example, having a GPS on S1, and using it as a
timeserver for X1, and considering the incoming and outgoing
delay on that path are equal, when measuring the OWD between S1 and X1, I would get a measurement with an accuracy
equal to the offset reported by NTP, right?

Circuit switched networks are typically time-space-time switched, For switches operating at the frame rate, that means each switching stage can introduce a delay from 0 to almost 125 micro-seconds. Typically the same time slot is used by both directions on a trunk, which I think means that the round trip time gets 125 micro seconds per stage, but the two directions will get different proportions of this.

(I may have used "stage" loosely.)