David Taylor wrote:
Glad the stats were of some help, and glad to have had the chat.

ages ago I needed to timestamp large datasets from a spectrometer rushing
in at 50 .. 100 Sample Sets/s. ( on SYSVR3.5 on a MVME167 System )
One way would have been to sync the system via DCF77 and ntp or similar.
This would have presented a significant porting effort.

My solution was to sample a GPIO pin attached to the DCF77 signal
and insert this information together with the freerunning system uptime variable
into my data sets.

A utility later extracted the DCF time and synced it to the uptime counter.
The only hard requirement was for the uptimecounter to be shortime stable.

uwe