Robert Scott writes:
> So I am trying to achieve 12 ppm frequency calibration by developing a
> temporary local time stamp that is disciplined by SNTP.  I figure two
> SNTP samples about 2 to 4 hours apart will give the required frequency
> accuracy, assuming typical SNTP jitter.

I don't see why this should be better than (or even as good as) using
the system clock as disciplined by NTP.
--
John Hasler
jhas...@newsguy.com

  • Re: [ntp:quest... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
    • Re: [ntp:... Robert Scott
      • Re: [... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
      • Re: [... unruh
        • R... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... Robert Scott
          • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... Robert Scott
          • ... John Hasler
          • ... Terje Mathisen
          • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... unruh
          • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
          • ... David Woolley
          • ... Robert Scott
          • ... Ivan Shmakov
          • ... unruh