I asked something similar on the time-nuts list as I have a cheap
navigation receiver that seems to have a 2 us offset compared to a
timing receiver:
http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2012-December/072358.html

I just got a GPS board with a LEA-6T mdule, I'm using the time mark
feature to compare external PPS sources to its internal timebase.
Results:

Trimble Acutime Gold: ~80 ns early
Symmetricom 58534A: ~100 ns late

Comparing to a realization of UTC is another thing, see
http://www.cnssys.com/files/PTTI/PTTI_2002_CNS_Testbed.pdf
http://www.cnssys.com/files/PTTI/Low_cost_GPS-based_time_and_frequency_products.pdf