Unruh,

I don't happen to own David Mill's book, but I understand what you are
saying to be true.  My concern is that too much data is being thrown away
when polling above 256 seconds and that allows excessive wandering of my
clock.  Yes, I can cap the interval to 256, but is that the only answer?
I would rather increase the interval of adjustments not the polling
interval.

Regards,
Ed