On 14/08/2013 12:54, unruh wrote:
[]
Except of course if the rd_timestamp.l_i is way out (that is why one
would want to use a gps clock to fix it-- eg on bootup with the
Raspberry Pi say),
[]

Could you not use something like the timestamp of some file (e.g. the drift file) or other system file to get the approximate year? I haven't studied the code (I find C not easy to read or navigate) so perhaps it already does this. Then you would only need to set the real time once?

As it happens, all of my RPi pack will have an Internet source as well, and they all have recent GPS receivers which (I hope) don't have this issue....
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu