On 03/11/2013 05:55, David Taylor wrote:
On 02/11/2013 20:41, unruh wrote:
On 2013-11-02, antonio.marchese...@gmail.com
<antonio.marchese...@gmail.com> wrote:
[]
How can I verify if the stepping has been disabled or not?
ntp.drift at the moment is -500.000

Which is way out of spec and cannot be corrected by ntpd.

Yes, it can be corrected.  There are ways of offsetting NTP to allow for
clocks which are more than 500 ppm off nominal.  Likely it's
OS-dependant, but for Windows I documented the method here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html#broken-clock

I would certainly agree that if the clock is more than 500 ppm out it
should be investigated and possibly replaced!

Thanks David, very interesting. I cannot update the NTP version on my server but I'm sure sooner or later with a main sw upgrade they'll reach version 4.2.6 and I'll keep in mind this new option in case I have a bad clock.

Thanks
Antonio