unruh writes:
> As I said, get chrony if you want much faster convergence, if you want
> better control of the time offset from UTC, and if yourun Linux or
> BSD.

And this begs the question of "faster convergence towards *what*?"

NTP looks a a number of time sources, finds a majority clique that
exhibit "good" (consistent with respect to each other, as observed by
the local system) behavior, and steers the clock towards that time.

As I understand it, chrony steers the local clock towards the master
time source it is following.

Assuming this is all true (or true enough), there are times and
situations where one of these approaches is better than the other, and
other times and situations where the converse is true.