full path.

Mike George
N3MUY

On 2/16/2014 07:30, David Taylor wrote:
I have the script at the end of this note which successfully compiles a 32-bit Linux kernel for the Raspberry Pi when run on a 64-bit Debian run in a virtual machine under Windows. So far, so good. What I would now like to do is to use the same tools to cross compile NTP for the Raspberry pi (because it takes an hour on the RPi itself). I have been trying to follow the guide here:

  http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/Cross-compilingNTP

bit I fail even at the first command:

  config.guess

which isn't recognised. I would be the first to acknowledge that I'm working way outside my comfort zone, but something tells me that if I can get a kernel to compile, NTP should be possible, and perhaps easier!

From: http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/kernel-cross-compile.html
#!/bin/bash

KERNEL_SRC=/home/david/kernel/linux-rpi-3.10.y
export KERNEL_SRC

CCPREFIX=/home/david/kernel/tools/arm-bcm2708/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi-
export CCPREFIX

PLATFORM=bcmrpi
export PLATFORM

cd $KERNEL_SRC
make mrproper
# cp /home/david/kernel/raspi.config .config
ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CCPREFIX} make ${PLATFORM}_defconfig
# make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CCPREFIX} oldconfig
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE={$CCPREFIX} menuconfig
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CCPREFIX} -j3
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CCPREFIX} modules -j3

MODULES_TEMP=~/modules
export MODULES_TEMP
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=${CCPREFIX} INSTALL_MOD_PATH=${MODULES_TEMP} modules_install