On 29/04/2014 00:53, A C wrote:
Has anyone recently (within the last few months) tried installing the
Meinberg compiled ntpd on Win 7 successfully?  I just built a new
machine, put a clean copy of Win 7 on it, tried to install ntpd and
ended up with the "unable to start" error (number 1053).  The ntpd user
account was created, the service was installed, the directories were
populated, the config file was generated but it wouldn't start.

Yes, I installed the Meinberg "London" distribution a few days ago, according to the instructions here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

No problems, and I could later update it to 4.2.7p440 - the current "dev" release. Note that I installed /outside/ the "Program Files" tree, so that NTP and users could have write access to the necessary files.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu