On 29/04/2014 15:33, Paul wrote:
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM, David Taylor <
david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

However, many of my users who use PPS or other ref-clocks run Windows

The subject line is "Attn LINUX distributors".  And it's really about
timepps.h

.. and I would be happy if the Raspberry Pi Linux variant did not have "tickless" set, as it means you need to recompile the kernel to get the best NTP performance.

But the threat of breaking NTP into two separate parts had been mentioned, and it was that which I was addressing. If the "server" variant was the only one available for Windows it would not be a problem. Having multiple variants does increase the support costs.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu