David,
   I don't know whether this has been aired here or on the google site, but I
had an issue when installing NTP in a non system folder. It was working fine
before from  the Programs x86 system folder, can't remember the version though.
I followed your web page instructions, but NTP fails to start. Also tried
deinstalling and re-installing in the x86 folder, same result. The reason that
it won't start is that It can not open a session as the ntp account ( ./ntp)
username unknown or password incorrect, error id 1326. This is probably due to
the fact that I had forgotten my original password  and when prompted by the
the install procedure, modified the current one but it seems that it did not
take effect.  I was able to work round this by declaring a new account. I have
as yet been unable to find a way of removing the ./ntp account. It does not
appear in the user admin dialog box.