On 14/12/2014 11:56, Harlan Stenn wrote:
David Taylor writes:
I have a newly installed 64-bit Linux Debian 7.7 system where I am
trying to bring up NTP with PPS support.  Using ppstest /dev/pps0 I get
the expected assert messages.  I have gpsd configured and working.
Having configured and compiled NTP I get the error message:

    clock type 22 invalid

That's the parse refclocks.

Did you configure with --enable-parse-clocks ?

On checking the config.log I see that timepps.h is missing:

root@Pixie:~/ntp/ntp-dev-4.2.7p485-RC# cat config.log | grep timepps
configure:27520: checking for sys/timepps.h
configure:28812: checking timepps.h usability
conftest.c:230:21: fatal error: timepps.h: No such file or directory
| #include <timepps.h>
configure:28812: checking timepps.h presence
conftest.c:197:21: fatal error: timepps.h: No such file or directory
| #include <timepps.h>
configure:28812: checking for timepps.h
ac_cv_header_sys_timepps_h=yes
ac_cv_header_timepps_h=no

but on searching the disk timepps.h does appear to be present, and in
the correct directory:

root@Pixie:~/ntp/ntp-dev-4.2.7p485-RC# find / -name 'timepps.h'
/usr/include/sys/timepps.h
/root/ntp/ntp-dev-4.2.7p485-RC/ports/winnt/ppsapi/loopback/src/timepps.h
/root/ntp/ntp-dev-4.2.7p485-RC/ports/winnt/include/timepps.h

What might be happening, please?  What's wrong?

Some systems provide <timepps.h> and some <sys/timepps.h>.

We look for each.

You have the latter.  My FreeBSD systems also only have sys/timepps.h .

It should be OK that you only have sys/timepps.h .

I suspect your problem is that you built without --enable-parse-clocks .

Thanks for that, Harlan. I'm at the limit of my knowledge here, so any
suggestions are appreciated.

I did try the ./configure with --enable-parse-clocks (as well as --enable-linuxcaps) but I get the same error in config.log.

It confuses me that on Raspbian (a derivative of Debian) the same source builds correctly, using the same commands, and both appear to have timepps.h in the same place.
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu