On 19/02/2015 14:20, Paul wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:34 AM, David Taylor <
david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

Does not NTP's orphan mode and local clock driver provide this?

Refclock 1 (LOCAL/LOCL) is deprecated and I believe as of a recent release
it's useless* but "Orphan mode is intended to replace the local clock
driver. It provides a single simulated UTC source ...".  Note that I
provided a link not any commentary on the correctness of the claims at that
link.  It would be nice if the Chrony docs told the truth but likewise the
NTP docs.

*Previously LOCL+PPS was a useful configuration, now you need (or should)
use kernel PPS.

Thanks for the update, Paul. It's something I've never used so please excuse me for confusing the two, and not being quite up-to-date with this.

Accurate and current documentation is both essential and invaluable for any project!

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu