On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org> wrote:

> This is interesting.  It may be that only 4 responses are returned at a
> time, but there has been lots of evidence and experience that depending
> on your resolver (most resolvers, from what I've seen), you won't get
> the same responses each time (this point assumes there are more than 4
> answers to be had).

I suspect the limit of four is enforced by the pool DNS servers and tweaked
by a short TTL.

Two points:
1) sometimes  2.*.pool is magic.  One would want to account for that.
2) sometimes a cache will return the same answer for n.*.pool if n is a
constant for longer than you might expect despite the TTL.

Something like 0.uk.pool, 1.uk.pool, 3.uk.pool and uk.pool will should
return 16 unique IPv4 addresses in the UK.