On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 5:10:02 PM UTC+8, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> catherine.wei1...@gmail.com writes:
>
> > Hi, if I add :config in front of addpeer, it seems that an
> > authentication is required. When I specify the keyid to 0, it said
> > "invalid key identifier".
>
> If you are going to use :config you will need to specify a 'controlkey'
> entry in your ntp.conf file (see the ntp.conf man page) and create a
> corresponding key in your ntp.keys file
> --
> Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org>
> http://networktimefoundation.org - be a member!

Hi, Harlan
In my system, ntpdc was used to add an ntp server and the command is like this:
    ntpdc -c "keyid 0" -c addserver 10.172.161.16 minpoll 3 maxpoll 4 burst
since keyid is 0, we don't need authentication. But now, I use ntpq to replace
ntpdc, if I add :config before "addserver", I need to authenticate. Is there
any way to avoid authenticate in ntpq utility? Thank you. I don't know how to
addserver in ntpq. There's little knowledge about this on the Internet. Thank
you so much.