catherine.wei1...@gmail.com writes:
> Hi,David, just like you said, we're offering ntpq to our customers to
> test the ntp function, for example, they have sevral ntp servers and
> need to choose which servers are good, they need to switch between
> these servers. Thank you.

Why not list all (or at least several) of them in the config files and
let ntpd decide which ones are good and which ones are not?

If you don't want to do that, you could implement something like what
pool.ntp.org does, and have your customers use a "pool" directive to get
the server list from your DNS, and you could control which IPs are
listed in the responses.

Either of these is much less work for your customers...
--
Harlan Stenn <st...@ntp.org>