28 Kasım 2016 Pazartesi 16:19:51 UTC+3 tarihinde Terje Mathisen yazdı:
> Erdem Ersagun wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I couldn't find any documents clarifying the process to apply for a
> > new reference clock driver.
> >
> > Here in our projects, we use a custom time card (reference clock) for
> > time synchronization among multiple network peers. We developed a
> > software which reads the time from the device and adjusts the
> > operating system time. Now we want to replace our software with NTP4
> > and want to register this time card to NTP world and contribute any
> > header/source files so that we can use standard NTP distributions.
> >
> > How can we reserve a reference clock ID defined in .include/ntp.h
> > file? When I downloaded the NTP source code it says "If you want to
> > add a new refclock let us know and we'll assign you a number." in the
> > README.refclocks file. But no contact is given.
>
> By far the easiest method to interface with a new clock is to write a
> SHM (Shared Memory) driver for it!
>
> There are multiple examples of people who have already done this, a
> little bit of googling should find them for you.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Terje
>
> --
> - <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>
> "almost all programming can be viewed as an exercise in caching"

Thank you for your reply. I should clarify my question:

We have already prepared our reference clock driver which uses the address
"127.127.47.0".
47 is not used in ntp-4.2.8p8. Now we want to commit our reference clock driver
to ntp community so that ntp will provide built-in support to our reference
clock just like Bancomm or any other reference clock listed in ntp.h header
file.

Is it possible?