gaurav10ni...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 May 2017 21:27:27 UTC+5:30, David Taylor  wrote:
> I want to get offset between 0.5-2 ms. Can it be achieved using meinberg
> application?

Please note "the meinberg application" is just a set of precompiled
binaries built from the original NTP sources available here:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Main/SoftwareDownloads

Please note also that the accuracy a client achieves depends strongly on
the characteristics of the network (jitter asymmetry, etc.) and even
more on the basic stability of the client system, e.g., how much the
client's undisciplined system time varies due to changes in the ambient
temperature, how good the operating system supports accurate
timekeeping, etc.

Several Windows versions have different limitations, for which ntpd for
Windows tries to provide workarounds to achieve the best accuracy and
precision that is possible.

> If yes, Kindly share the parameters required to be changed to get offset
> value in the required range.

Under Windows you should use "minpoll 6 maxpoll 6" when you specify the
NTP server(s) in ntp.conf, e.g.:

server aa.bb.cc.dd iburst minpoll 6 maxpoll 6

where aa.bb.cc.dd should be replaced by the host name or IP address of
an NTP server.

See also:
https://www.meinbergglobal.com/download/burnicki/time_synchronization_accuracy_with_ntp.pdf

Regards,