Dave, I'd be curious to know what you think is the proper shape for either
of the problems that you pose.  Both have deep ambiguities/conflicts in the
definition of correct, in the sense that solutions that would be considered
optimal by some audiences call for behaviors that would be considered
anti-optimal by others.

Thanks,
--MM--
Evil is defined by mortals who think they know "The Truth" and use force to
apply it to others.