I obscured my real point by mentioning deployability.

More directly: there is no consensus on the optimal designs for video
conferencing over WiFI, gaming over WiFi and buik data over WiFi, because
they have mutually exclusive requirements for the WiFi.   Even if you
imagine [deployed] [consensus] on DSCP bits, half duplex media can't
simultaneously implement optimal solutions for all 3 usecases.  Some
compromise is required.  e.g. upper and lower bound on channel
acquisition times, and the backlog (queue) needed for a bulk flow to
trigger channel acquisition.

Without DSCP, none of the designs do well for everybody.

I suspect that this conversation will eventually happen in congress, but we
do not understand it well enough to propose solutions (which was my push
back to Dave Taht).

Thanks,
--MM--

--