From: r-devel-boun...@r-project.org on behalf of Duncan Murdoch
Sent: Sat 10/16/2010 6:01 PM
To: Dominick Samperi
Cc: r-devel@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Rd] R 2.12.0 doesn't install properly under Windows Vista

On 16/10/2010 4:55 PM, Dominick Samperi wrote:
After installing R 2.12.0 under windows Vista it does not start because it
cannot
find Rgui.exe. Indeed, the contents of R\R-2.12.0\bin are:

config.sh
R.exe
Rscript.exe
Sd2Rd.pl

It appears that a few things are missing...

The original build was missing the contents of bin/i386, which is where
32 bit binaries are stored now.  A new build has been done, and it will
eventually make it to CRAN and the mirrors.

Check the date on the bottom of the bin/windows/base page on CRAN:
2010-10-15 is bad, 2010-10-16 is good (as far as I know).

Duncan Murdoch