You can also see the odd behavior without wrapping round in another function:

> round(100.1, digits=)
[1] 100

On 11/18/2011 10:19 AM, Joris Meys wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Gavin Simpson<gavin.simp...@ucl.ac.uk>  wrote:
round is indicated to not evaluate its arguments. I don't follow the C
code well enough to know if it should be catching the missing argument
further on - it must be because it is falling back to the default, but
the above explains that the not evaluating arguments is intended.

So if I understand it right, the y argument is not evaluated in the
fun2 function but deeper in the C code. that explains the lack of the
error message, thanks! I keep on learning every day.
Cheers

Joris