Hi, Duncan:

Duh... Thanks. I should have been able to figure that out for myself. Your help produced a solution much quicker.

      Thank again.
      Spencer

On 9/3/2012 4:52 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 12-09-03 7:25 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:
Hi, Duncan et al.:

        I modified my CRAN() function (see below) to look for
"_R_CHECK_TIMINGS_" and "R_CHECK_TIMINGS", but got "NOT CRAN" with "R
CMD check --as-cran" from both.

        Suggestions?
        Thanks,
        Spencer
p.s.  This is fda available from R-Forge via "svn checkout
svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/fda/".  It currently is
programmed to stop no matter what.  I want it to give an error "CRAN"
with "R CMD check --as-cran" and "NOT CRAN" without "--as-cran".
Currently, I get "NOT CRAN" for both.

The problem is with your test. If I put print(names(Sys.getenv())) into an example, I see _R_CHECK_TIMINGS_ if and only if I do the check with --as-cran. The value is supposed to be a number, not a logical.

Duncan Murdoch