I'm surprised this works on Windows and Mac, since RMonetDB does not seem to be on CRAN. I thought it was still a requirement that dependencies need to be on CRAN (which makes development difficult for related packages like this).

A related long standing request is that R-forge checking look for required newer versions on R-forge rather than just on CRAN. Does anyone know if that works on Windows and/or Mac?

Paul