On 13-02-15 10:45 AM, Hadley Wickham wrote:
e.g.

substitute(f(x), list(f = function(x) x + 1))
# function (x)
# x + 1(x)

An extra pair of parentheses would really help:

(function(x)
x + 1)(x)

(Better indenting etc would be nice, but not necessary for correct
understand of the code)

This is a little tricky for the deparser. It sees a call to a function which was determined by an expression. Sometimes you want parens, sometimes you don't. For example, if getfun(y) returns a function, it's clearer to display a call as getfun(y)(x) than (getfun(y))(x).

I'll see if I can work out which kinds of expressions need to be parenthesized and implement it in the deparser.

Duncan