On 09/16/2013 12:38 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 13-09-16 3:59 AM, Göran Broström wrote:

On 09/15/2013 11:09 AM, Matthew Dowle wrote:

I'm a little surprised by this thread.

I subscribe to the RSS feeds of changes to NEWS (as Dirk mentioned) and
that's been pretty informative in the past :
http://developer.r-project.org/RSSfeeds.html

Mainly though, I submit to winbuilder before submitting to CRAN, as the
CRAN policies advise.

Right, but

"Please _do not_ upload BioConductor packages or CRAN packages."

from the winbuilder page.

  From the context, that message is about packages that are already on
CRAN without Windows binaries already built.

Maybe, but that is not what the page says.

Anyway, may I use this facility to check new versions of my CRAN packages or not?

Göran

Duncan Murdoch

Göran

winbuilder's R-devel seems to be built daily,
saving me the time. Since I don't have Windows it kills two birds with
one stone.  It has caught many problems for me before submitting to CRAN
and I can't remember it ever not responding in a reasonable time.
http://win-builder.r-project.org/upload.aspx

I've suggested before that winbuilder could be the mechanism to submit
to CRAN rather than an ftp upload to incoming.  Only if winbuilder
passed OK on R-devel could it then go to a human.   But iirc there was a
technical difficulty preventing this.

Matthew