I'm working on an update for my CRAN package "spatial.tools" and I noticed
a new warning when running R CMD CHECK --as-cran:

* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: 'Jonathan Asher Greenberg <spatial-to...@estarcion.net>'
Depends: includes the non-default packages:
  'sp' 'raster' 'rgdal' 'mmap' 'abind' 'parallel' 'foreach'
  'doParallel' 'rgeos'
Adding so many packages to the search path is excessive
and importing selectively is preferable.

Is this a warning that would need to be fixed pre-CRAN (not really sure
how, since I need functions from all of those packages)?  Is there a way to
import only a single function from a package, if that function is a
dependency?

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD