Am 14.05.2014 08:56, schrieb Deepayan Sarkar:
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.dun...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think you are misunderstanding the comments in that file.  It's an
internal set of tests for the package, so "test some typical completion
attempts" is a description of the tests that follow, it's not a suggestion
that you should be able to run those lines
from your package.

If you do want access to the completion mechanism from a package, you should
write to its author (Deepayan Sarkar) and explain the kinds of things you
need to do.  If you can convince him that giving you access is worth the
trouble of exposing some of it to user-level code, then he'll export a
function for you.  (I think it's unlikely to be .win32consoleCompletion, but
who knows.)

Yes, .win32consoleCompletion() was meant for use by the Windows GUI,
but I can see a use-case for something similar elsewhere (for example,
ESS defines something analogous).

But I don't immediately see why another R package should need this. If
you have a legitimate use, we can discuss off-list and come up with a
solution.

As TinnR was used at the University I tried to update the TinnR package because it was removed from cran
http://cran.rstudio.com/web/packages/TinnR/index.html

I think they used the win32consoleCompletion to connect Tinnr (Windows) with R - I do not really know the reason.

Actually I found that R-Studio is much better for R-beginner and available for all platforms.

Thanks for your hints - but I will not solve this problem anymore

Knut