Hello,

I have one question regarding dotplots and one question about the strip
function in lattice.  In the following function I wish to use two
different line types in a dotplot.  Specifying lty =c(1,2) does not
work.  No matter what line type is specified, solid lines are produced.
The other graphical parameters pch and col work, however.  How can I
change the line types?

Regarding the strip function, If I have two conditioning variables like
in the function below, how can I get only one strip to display (e.g.
for just the first conditioning variable)?  Alternatively, for the
function below, I have a 4 by 4 layout.  The second conditioning
variable (Species) has four levels, each of which is repeated four times
across each row.  Is there a way to display both strips but have the
labels for the second conditioning variable displayed once and spread
across all the shingles in a row?

dotplot(Percent ~ reorder(Restxt, Resnum) | Light * Species, groups =
Time,

data = res2, type = c("b"), ylim = c(-0.1,1), lty = c(1,2), pch =
c(1,2),col = c(1,4),

scales = list(x = list(rot = 45, cex = 0.6)), layout = c(4,4),

strip = strip.custom(bg ="transparent"))[c(4,2,3,1), c(4,1,3,2)]

Thanks in advance, Mike