You may also be interested in the "psych" package or possibly
"mvtBinaryEP".  I found these using "sos":

library(sos)
tc <- findFn('tetrachoric correlation') # 26 matches
tcs <- findFn('tetrachoric correlations')#27 matches
tc. <- tc|tcs
summary(tc.) # 35 links in 5 pkgs
tc.

       All but 3 of the 35 links are to "psych", and 2 of the remaining
3 are to two different copies of "mvtBinaryEP".  You might also Google
for "tetrachoric correlation".

# OR:
u <- findFn('uniformly distributed correlated data') # 3 matches

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer