Hi Again,

Thanks very much for your response.  It seems my example got rearranged
(transposed?) after I posted it.  Hopefully this example will be more
clear.  I have one file (ex. sheet 1) that will have a column for
individuals (ind) and a column for the date (date).  I would like to merge
this with another file (ex. sheet 2) that has both the 'ind' and date column
as well as associated body condition measurements (BC1 and BC2).

My problem: The body condition values were measured intermittently
throughout an individuals history but for our purposes we would like to
treat them as representative of 15 days before and after measurement and
days outside of this window should have NAs (there are other data associated
with those days).  When I merge these to files, is there a way to write
these body condition values forward and back 15 days?    This would give me
something that looks like sheet 3.

Thank you!

Sheet 1

ind     date