For our animals we are comfortable with saying that body condition
represents a roughly 30 day period, plus and minus 15 days from
measurement.  However, we have monitored individuals for longer periods and
during those periods we do not wish there to be any values for body
condition.  There are other data associated with those days.  For some
analyses we will use data from the periods with body condition data and for
others not.

Thanks very much for looking into this!  An R solution would save tons of
time and potential mistakes.