I'm a new R user and, frankly, this problem has got me stumped.

I'm using the 64 bit version of RGui and followed the installation
instructions on http://www.rforge.net/rJava/

Here is the result:

package 'rJava' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

> library(rJava)

Error in utils::readRegistry(key, "HLM", 2) :

  Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment' not found

Error in utils::readRegistry(key, "HLM", 2) :

  Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit' not found

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:

  call: fun(...)

  error: JAVA_HOME cannot be found from the Registry

Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rJava'

I don't Have the faintest idea as t what I've done, or failed to do.

Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                                          Life is a
fuzzy set

Foundation for Chemistry                                         Stochastic
and multivriate

http://www.FoundationForChemistry.com