He said "Java", not "rJava.

On Apr 7, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Stephen P Molnar wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are quite correct, but:

install.packages('rJava')
Warning in install.packages("rJava") :
 argument 'lib' is missing: using
'C:\Users\Stephen\Documents/R/win64-library/2.11'
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows64/contrib/2.11

trying URL 'http://cran.case.edu/bin/windows64/contrib/2.11/rJava_0.8-5.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 658913 bytes (643 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 643 Kb

package 'rJava' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpcy0hAb \downloaded_packages

install.packages('C;\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local/Temp/Rtmpcy0hAb \downloaded_

There is a semi-colon in that path above that looks wrong. You might first want to check that all your PATH entries are recorded properly.

--
David.
$

So, obviously, at this point I am attempting something that R does not like.

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Life is a
fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry Stochastic
and multivriate