[1] 4

                                        - Phil Spector
                                         Statistical Computing Facility
                                         Department of Statistics
                                         UC Berkeley
                                         spec...@stat.berkeley.edu

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Chee Chen wrote:

Dear All,
I would like to ask a question about how to locate the indices after comparing
two numeric vectors.
Say, I have,  A <- c(1,2,3,4) and  A <- c(0,3,1,5)
and we cmpare:
 idx <- A<B
So:
idx
[1] FALSE  TRUE FALSE  TRUE

Question 1:
I would like to get a vector that stores the indices for entries of A such that
this relationship is true. In this case,
a vector  idx1 < c(2,4), because the 2nd and 4th entries of A satisfy the
conditions

Question 2:
I would like to know the maximum index of the entry in A for which the
relationship is true. In this case,
max_indx = 4, since the 4th entry of A is such.

Could you please give me some hints?

Thank you,
-Chee