Hi all,

I am trying to read Excel file usingthe follwoing commnad
      library(RODBC)
     data=odbcConnectExcel(file.choose())
     sqlTables(data)
    Bdat=sqlFetch(data, "test")
    odbcClose(data)
    head(Bdat)

1. The above script works if the Excel file is opened. If the excel file is
not opened then I get the following message "External table is not in the
expected format" and it stops.

2.  Instead of "(file.choose())" I wanted to use the following command
    data <- read.table('G:/test.xlsx",  header=T)

  But it did not work again.
    Warning message:
       In read.table("G:/test.xlsx", header = T) :
       incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on 'G:/test.xlsx'

Did I miss something there?

Your help is highly appreciated

Val