Hi,

I'm still confused about how to find out what methods are defined for a
given class.  For example, I know that

> today <- Sys.Date()

will produce an object of type Date. But I'm not sure what I can do with
Date objects or how I can find out.

> ?Date

refers me to the Date documentation page. But it doesn't tell me how, for
example, to extract the current year from a date object.

I tried

> year(today)Error: could not find function "year"

Is there some other function that does the job? I want a function f such
that    > f(today)    will return 2011. Perhaps there is no such function.
 But in general I don't have any confidence that I would know how to find it
if it existed or that I would know how to assure myself that there was no
such function.

Thanks.

*-- Russ *