See ?months.

methods(class = "Date")

would have got you there.

(Date is not an S4 class, so people should not be setting S4 methods on it without very good reason, and there are none in R itself.)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, Joshua Wiley wrote:

Hi Russ,

One tool that might help could be ?methods and ?showMethods

For example:
## for S3
methods(class = "Date")
## for S4
showMethods(classes = "Date")

regarding getting the actual year, I would use (though there may be
better ways):

format.Date(as.Date("2010-01-01"), format = "%Y")

Call format(), not its methods, or use strftime() directly.

HTH,

Josh