dear everyone
system:windows XP
R2.13.0

I download the windows binary from website and successfully install it ,because
I use a proxy server ,when I follow the instrction as follows:
I set a system property  R_HOME=C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.0
" R_HOME\bin\i386\Rgui.exe  http_proxy=http://211.83.105.140:808/";
error:: '\i' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting
"R_HOME\bin\i"
what is wrong with my command? I just want to know is there any other way such
as mannually edit a configuration file to set the proxy?
kind regards
      edwin_uestc
Center of E-Health technology and Engineering in UESTC