On 19/06/2011 7:29 PM, p_conno...@slingshot.co.nz wrote:
Quoting 王海生<edwin_ue...@163.com>:

dear everyone
system:windows XP
R2.13.0

I download the windows binary from website and successfully install
it ,because I use a proxy server ,when I follow the instrction as
follows:
I set a system property  R_HOME=C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.0
" R_HOME\bin\i386\Rgui.exe  http_proxy=http://211.83.105.140:808/";

It's more likely to be 8080, not 808.

If that doesn't work, there is an easier way.  When you install the Windows
binary, there is an option called 'Internet access'.  Change from the default
to internet2, and R will then use your browser settings.  Assuming your
browser
works, R will have the correct proxy setting.

You can make this change any time, not only at install time. Temporarily in a session using the setInternet2 function, permanently by editing the shortcut to include the --internet2 option on the command line.

Duncan Murdoch

HTH

error:: '\i' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting
"R_HOME\bin\i"
what is wrong with my command? I just want to know is there any other
way such as mannually edit a configuration file to set the proxy?
kind regards
       edwin_uestc
Center of E-Health technology and Engineering in UESTC