I am using attributes colsep and sepwidth from heatmap.2 function, however when using larger values for sepwidth the following columns are not moved to the right but the seperator is covering the column(s) with a white bar and the column labels and ColSideColors remain at their positions, is this intended? I expected the following columns to be shifted to the right by sepwidth. Is there a way to achieve this?

Here is a simple example

library(gplots)

col <- c( rgb(0,100:0,0,maxColorValue=100), rgb(0:100,0,0,maxColorValue=100) )

heatmap.2(matrix(c(1,2,3,4,9,6,7,3), nrow=2), col=col, trace="none", density.info="density", key=FALSE, ColSideColors=rep("blue", 4), denscol="white", scale="row", dendrogram="none", colsep=c(2), sepwidth=1.8)

Regards,
Christian