On Sep 25, 2011, at 2:18 PM, David Cross wrote:

Here is my problem: I have saved ten variables as an R binary file (using save). Now, when I load the file (using load), I have access to each of the variables individually (as objects), but not to all ten variables as a set. The reason this is important is that I want to clean the data of all cases with missing values before doing my analyses, and I can't see a way to do this without referring to the entire data set as a whole. I am sure I am missing something fairly simple, but just can't see it.

That is what data.frames were designed to facilitate. It is hard to understand how you could not have come across that fundamental data structure. I think you need to do some more reading and homework.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT