Dear R users,

I have an elementary query.

I have a dataset which is taken from text file with the help of read.csv
command but when I generate the data in R file it converts the Dates into
factor.So for the above problem, I use as.Date to convert the Dates from
factor form to date format using the following: z has Date as a column.

*z<- read.csv("data", header = TRUE, sep = "\t")
z$Date<- as.Date(z$Date, format = "%d/%m/%y/")

*But during this operation I loose all my dates and I get NA's instead of
it.

It would be helpful to have your inputs.

Regards
Vikram