Convert to character first or use the "as.is" option to read.csv. The default
is to try to convert the underlying integer form of factors to date, which is
not what you intend.
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing

Vikram Bahure <economics.vik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear R users,

I have an elementary query.

I have a dataset which is taken from text file with the help of read.csv
command but when I generate the data in R file it converts the Dates into
factor.So for the above problem, I use as.Date to convert the Dates from
factor form to date format using the following: z has Date as a column.

*z<- read.csv("data", header = TRUE, sep = "\t")
z$Date<- as.Date(z$Date, format = "%d/%m/%y/")

*But during this operation I loose all my dates and I get NA's instead of
it.

It would be helpful to have your inputs.

Regards
Vikram