On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, David Winsemius wrote:

The last part ("in the same column") does not make sense, since I was interpreting the term "parameter" to mean a value in a particular column.

David,

  That's what I meant: two values from the 'param' column.

Assuming these are R NA's then logical indexing:
with( chemdata, chemdata[!is.na(param1) & !is.na(param2) , ])

  I'll read the with() help page again. And, I'll try the above with "TDS"
replacing param1 and "Cond" replacing param2.

Thanks,

Rich