The advice below is wholly unnecessary, and, in fact, various versions of R
can coexist without problems (and are designed to do so).

I just upgraded to 2.14.0 on Windows via the simple binary install process,
copied old libraries over (unnecessary if you do not wish to keep old
versions around -- just use .libPaths() to point to the library tree)  ran
the update packages options from the packages menu.

Pretty simple! (Thanks Duncan M.)

-- Bert

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM, jose Bartolomei <surfpr...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,Don't know if this will help you but...In my short experience and
> following the guidelines you should first uninstall R.
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-WindowsUnistall
>  it from the Windows control panel. The old R version libraries
> file will be kept on machine.
> For example : C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.0\library Then install the new
> version via:
> http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-WindowsYou
>  can copy/paste libraries from the old version R library file to the new
> one.
> C:\Program Files\R\R-2.14.0\library There is too an function named:
> ?update.packagee
> If above was what you did, then there is a post on Uninstalling R
> manually:
> http://learnserver.csd.univie.ac.at/rcomwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:uninstalling_r_manuallyRegards,
> Jose
>  > From: rkevinbur...@charter.net
> > To: r-help@r-project.org
> > Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:07:20 -0600
> > Subject: Re: [R] Upgrade R?
> >
> > Since apparently there is no one familiar with this error message let me
> > rephrase the question. Is there a 'manual' process to fully remove a
> version
> > of 'R' from my machine? This is a Window PC running Windows 7.
> >

> > Thank you.
> >

> > Kevin

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics