On 10.11.2011 17:53, Kevin Burton wrote:
The problem with this documentation is two-fold. One it seems to concentrate
on building from source which I don't need. Two it doesn't address the
upgade. I have a number of packages and so I need to do what has been
suggested and install the latest version *first*. Then copy the libraries
(packages). Then uninstall the previous version. It is on this last step
that I am stuck on right now. The last link on uninstalling R manually was
what I needed. Thank you.

Just delete the directory.

Uwe Ligges

Kevin

From: jose Bartolomei [mailto:surfpr...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:19 AM
To: rkevinbur...@charter.net; R Help
Subject: RE: [R] Upgrade R?

Hi,
Don't know if this will help you but...
In my short experience and following the guidelines you should first
uninstall R.

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-Window

Unistall it from the Windows control panel.

The old R version libraries file will be kept on machine.
For example : C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.0\library

Then install the new version via:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Installing-R-under-Window

You can copy/paste libraries from the old version R library file to the new
one.
C:\Program Files\R\R-2.14.0\library

There is too an function named:
?update.packagee

If above was what you did, then there is a post on Uninstalling R manually:

http://learnserver.csd.univie.ac.at/rcomwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:uninstalling_r
_manually

Regards,
Jose